Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Teaser Day 5: Going Under by Georgia Cates


 

TEASER DAY 5: GOING UNDER BY GEORGIA CATES
Going Under Teaser #5
Claire Deveraux’s POV
He looks concerned when I don’t make a move toward the bed. “Are you sure this is what you want?”
I nod because I’m rendered speechless by the anticipation of sharing a bed with this beautiful man tonight.
I walk to my side of the bed and we turn back the linens, climbing in together. I roll onto my side to face him and prop my head in my hand. My bedside lamp gives off a dim glow but it’s enough to allow me a good look at him.
I examine his tattoo first. This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to really look at it in its entirety. It extends much further into his shoulder and chest than I guessed. I trace its intricate detail with my fingertips.
He smiles as my fingers glide over his skin. “Why are you so fascinated by my ink? It’s just a tattoo.”
“I’m not fascinated. I just really like it—a lot. I love what it says about you.”
“What exactly does it say about me?” he asks.
I trace a black curve with my finger. “That you don’t care what anyone thinks. You’re living for you, not everyone else or what they want for you.”
“I think you’re reading more into it. I really got it so the ladies would think I’m hot.” He smirks.
I feel a pang of jealousy when I think of Jesse with another girl touching him this way. “Just how many girls have seen your whole tattoo?” I’m questioning him about girls seeing his tattoo, but what I’m really asking is an entirely different question.
“Don’t go there, Claire. You won’t like the answer.” This is his way of warning me I won’t be able to handle the truth. Maybe I can’t. The thought of him sleeping with another girl makes me sick.
This is the final teaser from Going Under by Georgia Cates. Don't forget to visit Reading on the Rocks tomorrow for the final teaser from Shallow. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Just remember to Keep it Respectful, Simple, and Clean (KIRSC it! :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...